SGIM values collegial support and mentorship as well as building partnerships and interdisciplinary collaboration opportunities. The organization has demonstrated a commitment to mentorship in the past and continues to strive to provide its members with opportunities that meet their personal and professional growth needs.
SGIM Mentor Match offers students, residents, fellows, and junior faculty a valuable opportunity to connect with a more senior SGIM mentor from a different institution. Even if you have a mentor at your own institution, this program will allow you to chat with someone who may offer a new perspective on your professional goals and challenges.
Join us now to start developing personal and professional relationships with others in the organization who can help you learn and grow. Take the first step in furthering your professional development by joining SGIM Mentor Match today!
Why Become a Mentor?
- DEVELOP feedback and critical thinking skills
- GROW your network within the organization
- ADVANCE your leadership skills
- GAIN better understanding of the organization
Why Become a Mentee?
- GROW professional networks
- LEARN to navigate workplace challenges
- DEVELOP your leadership skills
- EXPLORE opportunities and build your career path
One of the greatest values of mentors is the ability to see ahead what others cannot see and to help them navigate a course to their destination. - John C. Maxwell